In order to take necessary precaution with the growing COVID-19 concern, we are suspending all in-house volunteer activities until further notice to limit the foot traffic in and out of our facilities. While we greatly appreciate your time and resources, the health of our volunteers, Guests, and staff are the top priority.
During this time, we are accepting prepared meals, catered meals, grocery donations, non-perishable goods, and monetary donations. Volunteers are to refrain from cooking inside our facilities. The best ways to continue supporting LPCS at this time are to:
1) Sign up to donate a meal (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to do so during this time).
2) If you are already on the meal schedule, please drop off your prepared meal on your schedule date. If this is no longer possible, please let me know!
3) If you would like to make a monetary donation to help cover the cost of meals during this time, you can do so here.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. LPCS is truly a community-based organization and we are incredibly fortunate to have the support of our generous volunteer base. Thank you!
how to help
At this time, any volunteer opportunities will not be taking place at our facility. Below are a few ways to continue to stay involved during this time!
- To sign up for a meal/sack lunch shift, please email email@example.com. All meals will need to be prepared at home or catered.
- When you prepare food at home, please only make food if you are feeling well.
- Please be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before you prepare the meal.
- There are several items that we are in need of right now. You can check out our Amazon Wish List or our list under “Needed Items”.
- If you would like to make a monetary donation to help cover the cost of meals during this time, you can do so here.
We thank you so much for your support during this time. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you would like to make a food donation, please call us at 773-549-6111 or email us at email@example.com. We are so grateful for your support during this time.
Volunteers are the life line of our organization; we couldn’t serve over 500 individuals a year without our network of over 1,700 active volunteers. There is a volunteer at LPCS in some capacity 24 hours, 7 days a week! In 2019, LPCS expanded our services with two locations, creating plenty of opportunity for everyone to get involved.
Please note you must be 18 years or older to volunteer at LPCS. However, children of any age are welcome to accompany meal groups with the supervision of a parent or guardian. Upcoming orientation dates are listed below. For more information on individual and group volunteer opportunities, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations (Takes place at 1521 N. Sedgwick)
In order to limit the amount of people coming in and out of our building, we have cancelled all volunteer orientations until further notice. We hope to have them up and running again shortly!