- Community Engagement Program
- Interim Housing Community / On Track Program
- Graduate Community
- Independent Community Living Program
Interim Housing Community
LPCS provides a safe living space to 83 Guests each night year-round, with 48 Guests at our Old Town facility and 35 Guests at our Lincoln Park location. Our interim housing community offers Guests:
- Three meals each day
- Access to storage space, showers, and laundry facilities
- No time limit on length of stay as long as an individual is making progress toward their goals
- Enrollment in On Track Program
On Track Program
The On Track Program (OTP) supports Guests in overcoming barriers through an individualized approach to secure housing, achieve greater stability, and increase self-sufficiency. The program is designed to identify individual goals and plan for a sustainable future. Each Guest selects a primary Track, and many choose a secondary Track:
- Track 1: Substance Abuse Recovery
- Track 2: Health
- Track 3: Employment
The On Track Program offers many services to help achieve these goals:
- Intensive Case Management that provides referrals to job training, substance abuse treatment, and mental health services.
- Daily group activities, support groups, and classes, which provide educational and personal enhancement opportunities to Guests. Group activities promote a healthy community, and include daily educational and support groups on topics including job search, healthy lifestyles, and daily living skills enhancement.
- Medical and mental health evaluations, with referrals to treatment as needed.
- The opportunity to give back to the larger community through volunteer service: Guests in Volunteer Experience (GIVE).
- Savings Program, in which each Guest must save a percentage of income towards future housing.
- Technical Services that aid Guests in their job search; including use of mailing address, computers, telephone, and fax machines.
- Green Team
LPCS is a partner agency in Chicago’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for the purpose of data collection and coordination of services for the clients we serve. Information on HMIS privacy practices can be found here.